Eco living is all about living your life, as a person and as community, such that it’s sustainable and ideal for earth. In essence, living a greener life involves these principles:
- Conserve energy
- Conserve resources
- Reduce waste
- Reduce pollution as well as emission of hazardous substances to the environment
- Protect the ecological balance of the earth along with the other living beings.
The way that human race are living nowadays is definitely not sustainable. At the current rate that people are using the energy and different resources of the earth, they would possibly run out soon and worst, nothing would be left. And as people wiped away plant and animal species through irresponsible activities, soon there will be nothing left.
Some people would argue and claim that there’s a cost in living green. However, this is only a small cost compared to the costs that people will pay if nothing will be changed in order to protect and save the environment.
There are lots of things for you to do in order to live in an eco-friendly home and have a greener lifestyle.
Aside from adopting the ‘Reduce Reuse Recycle’ principle, you can actually adopt various energy-saving practices. There are actually lots of energy efficient appliances and practices for you to adopt in order to make your home an energy efficient, green home.
Why don’t you help by reducing the pollution? Reduce the use of hazardous substances and chemical, and use eco-friendly home cleaners as well as other environment-friendly products for your everyday needs.
Help introduce more trees and plant in your environment and motivate others to make action as well. Grow a green garden with the use of green gardening practices. There are lots of things that you can consider to help build a greener environment – start from living green and living in an eco friendly home.
Benefits Of Eco-Friendly Homes
More and more homeowners are becoming aware and conscious about protecting the environment and are opting to a green building principle. Because of this, designers, architects, and builders are incorporating green materials and elements in homes that are being built. With the developments and advancements in technology, and because of the emergence of various building concepts, homeowners can integrate green elements without the need to sacrifice the entire appeal and appearance of their homes.
Despite the increased interest by numerous sectors about green building concepts, lots of homeowners still don’t know and understand what constitutes green homes and how these eco friendly homes are being built. An eco friendly home has lots of beneficial effects and results on the overall health and well being of families and it’s also a very financially sound idea.
An eco friendly home utilizes toxin free building materials, ensuring that people inside the house are generally free from all harmful pollutants and elements that are usually present in a traditional home.
Cost Efficient Home
The cost of maintaining an eco friendly home is the same or even lesser than the maintenance cost of a traditional and standard home. Yes, the initial cost is possibly high, but the future savings that you’ll be able to generate later is sufficient enough for you to offset the initial investment.
You will certainly save about 40 percent from your monthly electricity bill and 50 percent from water consumption. In addition to that, eco friendly homes are much more durable as compared to standard homes. This translates and equates to lesser maintenance and repair.
Moreover, a green home value much higher compared to a standard home this is the reason why the demands for eco friendly homes are steadily increasing.
Environment Friendly Home
The heating and cooling of homes usually account to more or less 20 percent of the total used energy from a typical or standard household. Add to this the standard energy requirements from all the household appliances, lighting and other electronic equipment and you’ll see why standard homes are being considered as a segment that uses and consumes lots of energy.
On the contrary, eco friendly home consume less 40 percent of energy.
Nowadays, there are eco friendly homes that have the capacity of reducing their dependence from conventional energy sources, and they have this added capability of generating their very own energy with the use of alternative energy sources like geothermal, biomass, wind, and sun.
Eco friendly homes have highly efficient plumbing and bathing fixtures. They adopt landscaping designs that are drought tolerant. Eco friendly homes can also make use of excellent irrigation systems equipped with beneficial water conserving features. These combined features and elements can cut water consumption for almost 50%.
Increased Security And Safety
Eco friendly homes have much higher security and safety standards as compared to regular homes. They are basically equipped with excellent and high performing smoke detectors, gadgets that detect radon and carbon dioxide emissions, security systems, and techniques of delivering termite treatments and pesticide.
Lesser natural resources are being used in building an eco friendly home. This alone can be considered as an excellent boost in campaigns of saving the natural resources. A huge portion of materials used to build a green home are basically recycled materials. So what do you think? Isn’t it a great option to have an eco friendly home?
Features Of Eco-Friendly Homes
With more people preferring to live in an eco-friendly home that is in harmony with the environment, more builders and architects are offering environment friendly designs to address the ever growing demands for green homes.
The negative effects on earth are becoming more and more visible nowadays. People are now more aware about the damages that irresponsible human activities have brought, however, it is inevitable. But there are lots of ways and methods that you can use to help introduce a green environment. And one of these is to live in an eco friendly home.
If you are after saving the environment, you should aim to decrease carbon emission. However, most homes aren’t eco friendly enough that it can lessen this count. In fact, majority of homes are emitting gases over the normal amount. If this continues, the world will become a big sauna. As a result, glaciers will melt rising the level of water. Rising level of water can actually lead to land mass disappearing. And when rain pours hard, it can cause flooding. Flooding then will cause illnesses and death. It is really a domino effect; moreover, this is only a factor of what will happen if gases keep on rising. To have an eco friendly home equipped with environment friendly features allow you to help contain gas emission to a minimum.
- Your eco friendly property doesn’t have to be excessively big or small. It needs to be large enough to let everybody have their own space. It needs to be adequate enough for it to be maintained cost effectively and efficiently.
- Consider its location. An eco friendly home is usually situated in excellent locations. It is usually a part of one green community with homes that have eco friendly features. The surrounding is usually filled with environment friendly landscaping regardless if it’s a business establishment or a residential home.
- An eco friendly home is one that is equipped with energy efficient appliances. Meaning anything that is installed inside the property consumes lesser energy as compared to old appliances. And because of this, you will be able to enjoy huge savings from utilities expenses.
- Eco friendly homes are generally made from sustainable materials. The materials used to build an eco friendly home are highly abundant locally; they also come from all renewable resources – materials that are organic such as wood, plants, or animals. Of course, some of the materials used are synthetic but they are used minimally.
- Eco friendly homes are equipped with passive solar system, meaning they are being oriented to utilize and maximize benefits from using natural sunlight.
- Eco homes are well insulated. Their walls have an inert gas layer that functions to keep the air warm during winter seasons and design to maintain cool unruffled air during the summer seasons.
- Most eco friendly homes are automated, allowing homeowners to manage and monitor essential features such as smoke detection, security, even energy consumption.
- In building eco homes, paints that aren’t volatile are being used posing no risks to the health of the occupants.